Safer and fair working conditions, equity in education, protecting our natural resources, and ensuring the law is applied fairly to all people of Michigan are the hallmarks of Elizabeth’s vast and respected career. Learn more
Elizabeth Welch has dedicated her 25-year legal career to making Michigan work for us all.
The Michigan Supreme Court is the highest court in the State of Michigan. It is comprised of 7 justices who serve 8 year terms. Judicial races in Michigan are non-partisan and not captured by straight ticket voting. Absentee ballots should be delivered to your local clerk’s dropbox or vote in-person on or before election day on November 3, 2020.
Elizabeth Welch is an attorney who has dedicated her 25-year legal career to making Michigan work for us all through her employment law practice, public school advocacy, conservation leadership, election protection work, and extensive community service.
She is running for the Michigan Supreme Court to add her fair and balanced lens to the Court and to ensure all courts in our State are accessible to our communities.
• Counsel helping municipalities recover costs of opioid epidemic
• Long-time East Grand Rapids School Board Trustee
• Former President of Michigan League of Conservation Voters
Elizabeth and her husband Brian have four kids, Dylan, James, Katherine, and Jeremy.
A Bridge-Builder and a Fierce Advocate, Elizabeth Welch is Ready to Bring Her Diverse Experience to the Highest Court in our State.
- Steelcase Foundation – Vice President & Trustee
- Grand Valley University Foundation – Trustee and Nominating Committee
- School Finance Research Project Member
- Vice President of the East Grand Rapids Public Schools Board of Education
- President of Michigan League of Conservation Voters & MLCV Education Fund
- President of Women Lawyers Association of Michigan – Western Region
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Trustee
- Oversaw Election Protection Program for the Kent County region
- Member of the Grand Rapids Mayor’s Election Task Force
- Advisory Council for Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Westminster Presbyterian Church, Trustee
- Other Community Service: Big Brothers/Big Sisters Advisory Council; DA Blodgett – St. John’s Home Advisory Board; Home Repair Services Board; Camp Henry Board
- East Grand Rapids School Foundation’s Community Leader Award (2019)
- Michigan League of Conservation Voter’s Community Leadership Award (2016)
- PTO Member of the Year – EGR Public Schools (2013)
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan Regional Award (2017)
- MASA (Michigan Association of School Administrators) Region 3 Volunteer Award (2013)
- BRAINS Foundation Award (2014)
- Grand Rapids Business Journal “40 Under 40” Award (2009)